CREATING A LIFE OF EXCELLENCE BEYOND SOBRIETY
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
Having endured years of agony at the hands of a constant, unyielding addiction, Burning Tree families have gone to unimaginable lengths to help their loved ones find sobriety.
We Can Hear You
- We need a team that allows for enough time to properly diagnose and treat the addiction as well as the underlying co-occurring disorders.
- We need a team that measures our loved one’s progress, not days.
- We need a team that understands how bad things have gotten, a team that can finally get down to root causes and conditions and provide life-long solutions.
- We need a team that offers high accountability and structure, a team that can help our loved one learn to match their words with their actions.
- We need a team that will not be outwitted, charmed, or manipulated by our loved one.
- We need a team that will listen to us, hear us, and give us direction.
- We need a team that can help our loved-one establish financial independence and personal responsibility.
- We need a team that has answers, shows interest, goes the extra mile, and doesn’t give up.
- We need a team that recognizes our loved-one’s potential, a team that can help them establish a life of integrity and excellence.
- We need a team whose aftercare is deeply and intimately involved in our loved one’s journey through residential treatment.
- We need a team that will stay with us into aftercare, who will follow-up and follow-through all the way to graduation.
- We need something different and we need it now.
We KNOW OUR CLIENT
At Burning Tree Ranch, we treat a specific client who suffers from a clearly defined scope of challenges.
- Unable to achieve or maintain long-term sobriety
- Unable to manifest independence from unhealthy relationships
- Unable to follow through with commitments, obligations, and responsibilities
- Unable to achieve financial independence and healthy life-style choices
- Unable to be present for and participate in meaningful family engagements
- Unable to manifest lasting improvements in mental health
- Unable to consistently regulate emotions, impulses, and behaviors
- Unable to match their intentions with their actions
- Unable to honestly account for how their behaviors affects others
The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous sums up the Burning Tree Ranch client in this way: “We were having trouble with personal relationships, we couldn’t control our emotional natures, we were a prey to misery and depression, we couldn’t make a living, we had a feeling of uselessness, we were full of fear, we were unhappy.” Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 52
We Know Them Well
Burning Tree Ranch is about changing lives fundamentally and forever.
What They Want & What They Do
Many of our clients will tell us that they want sobriety.
At Burning Tree Ranch, we let behaviors define the difference between what our clients say and what they actually do.
We observe this practice with our families, too.
Many loved ones suggest they are ready to change, to be done with enabling, controlling, and care-taking the alcoholic or addict.
We know they believe they are being honest when they say these things. We also understand that there is a lot they don’t know.
It is never surprising when the family relapses into old behaviors during their loved one’s treatment process. Afterall, addiction is a family disease where powerlessness abounds.
We Understand How to Help
At Burning Tree Ranch, we understand that our families need as much help and guidance as their loved ones. Working as a team, we lead the entire family through the recovery process.
Telling families the truth about how they contribute to the problem is often shied away from at most treatment centers. Here, we run towards it.
Just like we do with our clients, we invite our families to become wholly honest about the predicament they are faced with. As they become honest, they see more clearly that their way hasn’t worked.
Truthfully, it never will.
The First Step
At Burning Tree Ranch, the chronic relapser and the family have the exact same job: surrender unconditionally – and accept help.
This is the very first step towards creating a life of excellence beyond sobriety.
If you are ready to take a teamwork approach, become fully honest, and create a life of excellence beyond sobriety, call our friendly admissions team today.